NEW Packaging Digest|UBM Canon, Rick Lingle, Technical Editor reports on the PAC NEXT Packaging Optimization Summit. - “I could not have been more impressed by the quality of the speakers and their presentations. The live interactive surveys and reactions by presenters to that information during the panel discussions uniquely elicited audience engagement. All in all a great experience.” Real time event survey results Summit information
PAC is proud to announce the release of the PAC NEXT Inaugural Membership Report report.
PAC has created PAC NEXT to proactively help the industry transition towards a world without packaging waste.
What is the purpose of PAC NEXT?
What is the value for my company?
• Cost avoidance. EPR costs approximately $1b per year. Brand owners and retailers are paying significant EPR packaging recovery fees through various blue box programs. PAC NEXT will facilitate the optimization of the recovery process and therefore mitigate cost.
• Join an elite club. Our founding members provide an exceptional opportunity to network with some of North America’s biggest retailers and brand owners.
• A great customer relationship strategy. If you are a supplier to a retailer or brand owner then they need your proactive support.
• Packaging waste diversion. Packaging is a contributor to landfill. The PAC NEXT aspirational goal is “A World Without Packaging Waste”. Discarded packaging is a resource. It’s “AS GOOD AS GOLD”.
• Support your industry. Be responsible! If you are part of this industry you are benefiting from it. Give something back.
• A great learning opportunity. By participating on a technical committee you will be making a contribution while learning from subject matter experts.
- Sign up for a technical committee
PAC NEXT is a centre of excellence for a world without packaging waste. PAC NEXT will focus on optimizing, mobilizing and mitigating risk of end-of-life solutions for packaging design, recovery (collection and processing) and end markets through:
Retailers• Loblaw Brands Ltd.
• McDonalds Restaurants of Canada Limited
• Sobeys Inc.
• TDL - Tim Hortons
• Walmart Canada
Consumer Packaged Goods• General Mills Canada Corp.
• Ice River Springs Water
• Kraft Canada Inc.
• McCain Foods (Canada)
• MolsonCoors Brewing Company
• Nestle Canada Inc.
• PepsiCo Foods Canada
• Procter and Gamble Inc.
• Ultima Foods Inc.
• Unilever Canada
Package Manufacturers• Atlantic Packaging Products Ltd.
• Bemis Co. Inc.
• Hood Packaging
• Jones Packaging
• Tetra Pak
Raw Materials• The Dow Chemical Company
• DuPont Canada
Ancillary Services• Cascades Recovery Inc.
• Covanta Energy Corporation
Government• Region of Peel
NGO• Product Stewardship Institute
Click thumbnail to enlarge and view names of founding members.